Friday, January 1, 2010

Important Occassions

The last month has been busy. December always is. My birthday, Christmas, New Years. This Sunday marks my three year anniversary with Joel, and I have a job interview that I'm very unprepared for scheduled on the same day.

It's been hard to find time to sit down, but I've been jotting down ideas and goals in a notebook that I keep in my purse. A few weeks ago, I challenged myself to think of twenty-four things that I want to do before I turn twenty-five. My sister, who also just had a birthday, wrote down fifteen things she's going to do before she turns sixteen. I was a bit jealous of her young age at first, thinking there was no way I'd come up with twenty-four things to do. Turns out...WAY easier than I expected.

My list:

1. start a vegetable garden
2. make a cookzine
3. sell something that i make
4. learn a new card game
5. take spanish lessons
6. ride my bike a long distance
7. make my own soy jerky
8. help someone else accomplish a life goal
9. take a photo every day for a year
10. send more letters and packages
11. knit socks
12. get good at remembering birthdays
13. write a song with my sister
14. paint on a canvas
15. make a fancy cake
16. become a bee keeper
17. sew a dress
18. make a short film
19. make another zine
20. follow a complicated tutorial from ReadyMade
21. have a cookie party
22. make an elaborate costume for procession of the species
23. sew my own underwear
24. barter

I like this list. Individual projects feel realistic and attainable, as opposed to the somewhat ambiguous "loose weight/get organized/be happy" resolutions I've gone with in the past.

2 comments:

  1. This list makes me extra excited to keep up with you this year! I have approximately 30 days before I turn 25... maybe I should draft a short list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, I am making a list as well inspired by this idea. You are so great!

    ReplyDelete