Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I can.

I saw this t-shirt at Powell's the other day and I kind of love it. 1...because double entrendres are awesome. 2...because I was reminded of the delicious canned fruits and vegetables stored away in the garage. I took them out today and in the dead of winter I am reminded of early mornings at the Bellingham Farmer's Market, and sunny days spent preserving food in the kitchen before going to Lake Padden for an early evening swim.
This week I am eating pickled cucumbers, pickled roasted peppers, pickled beets, and applesauce. Here's to food, especially the kind that grows around here.

2 comments:

  1. So this is just about the most adorable thing ever. It is really making me want to move to Portland so I can can cans with you. It's a good thing because I just applied to a job in PDX! *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would love that! what job? i will keep mine crossed as well!

    ReplyDelete