Thursday, December 3, 2009

Transitions

I made a kind of big decision a few weeks ago.


I wasn't getting enough hours at the women's shelter and the cupcake sales were dwindling as the rainy season began. Instead of finding a new job in Bellingham, I somewhat impulsively decided to move (Joel came too). We're living at my mom's house in Vancouver for awhile, until we make enough money to move to Portland. Later this month I'll be starting a part-time job as a sexual assault educator.

For now, I'm spending a lot of time being domestic in suburbia. Taking my dog on walks and playing ping pong while the cats try to interfere. Making dinner for my mom and sister when they get home from work/school. Reading through elementary school journals. Trying to convince my family that brewing kombucha isn't gross.

My blogs for the next few months will probably consist of detailed descriptions of the food I'm making with all my free time, and maybe a few rants about the absurdities of suburbia.

No comments:

Post a Comment