Saturday, October 24, 2009

I'll love you in the country way.

I just got back from a day and a half on Willowood Farm, a farm on Whidbey Island where my friend Willow has been an intern this season.

I grew up spending each summer on my grandpa's ranch in Oregon, so hanging out on this farm made me feel like a kid again. Especially the riding in the bed of a pickup truck part.


Here's Willow:

They have SO many birds on the farm. I love noisy birds. I don't care what anyone says, they are the best alarm clock. Here are the turkeys..




Joel figured out how to get one of them to hug him.

We cleaned a bunch of beans before packaging them. Much harder than it sounds...

We also delivered vegetables for their CSA.

And ate a lot of delicious farm fresh food, accompanied by PBR.

I'm back home, extremely positive that I am going to sign up for a CSA this coming year, and trying to figure out what I want to be for Halloween this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment