Sunday, April 11, 2010

My Little Lettuce Babies


My seeds sprouted a few days ago and I feel like a new mom. At least, how I imagine a new mom might feel.

First of all, I'm pretty darn proud! When I wake up in the morning, I look at the seedlings on the ground beneath my bedroom window and squeal something like, "I can't believe how big you're all getting!!!" I make sure that whoever else is in the room (Mel, Joel) also sees how much they've grown. I admire the tall, well-postured ones and I pay special attention to the little ones who are lagging behind.


I find myself lying on the ground next to them quite often, holding my breath and watching intently. Sometimes I think that if I could just stop myself from blinking, I might catch them growing before my very eyes.

2 comments:

  1. You should be proud! This is awesome! I am going to attempt to maintain a mini container herb garden from pre-started herbs and see how it goes. I am not very good with plants and growing plant-like things and I am in awe of what you are doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, I never imagined myself growing anything from seed. So maybe we aren't born with green thumbs. Anyway, I'm sure you'll do great with your herb starts! :)

    ReplyDelete