Monday, March 23, 2009

saving the turtles


Here's some plastic bag yarn that I made this weekend! I am now in the process of using it to knit reusable bags. I found the tutorial for the yarn here, and the plastic bags for the yarn in the plastic bag recycling at Fred Meyer. I've been really stressed out about plastic bag consumption lately (that's what happens when you work at a grocery store), so this feels really therapeutic and constructive. This is also the cheapest crafting I have ever done. It doesn't cost a thing! All it takes is keeping your eyes open for plastic bags in trash cans and recycling bins. As the ladies who wrote Off the Map would say, "take what's free and you find freedom."

3 comments:

  1. Ah! I have heard of this and it makes me happy to see you put it in action! I can't wait to see your finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool idea!

    i have a bunch of plastic bags that ally and i have accumulated in the past 8 months if you want them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would love them! i'll pester you for them sometime in the next day or so, probably. :)

    ReplyDelete