Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hat!

I made this hat and gave it to Joel for our 4th anniversary (yes, it's really been that long). I somehow managed to knit the whole thing without him knowing -- which can be tricky when you live with the person you're knitting for.


I knit him a hat using this very same pattern awhile back and it's still on his head a few days a week, so it's obviously worked out well. I dug the pattern out of a bag of yarn that I hadn't touched in over a year and got to work. This pattern is called the Simple Soldier's Hat -- they recommend this pattern for people knitting hats to send to soldiers since it's warm, easily washable, and easy to ship. It's also a really straightforward pattern, so if you're new to knitting you'll have no problem knitting this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment