Thursday, February 4, 2010

Banners are hip, right?

My banner phase started in November, while I was falling in love with Learning to Love You More. We all kept talking about assignment #63: Make an Encouraging Banner.

This first one is hard to see, but when Joel, Mel, and I all moved away from Bellingham, we made a banner for ourselves that said ADIOS. We also hosted a Talent Show which I think was enormously successful. It included hula hooping, a couple magic shows, ukulele playing, a burping of the ABC's, Brooke reading Miley Cyrus' Party in the USA as spoken word, and lots of songs. Joel, Ben, Mel, and I sang and danced to Hold on by Wilson Phillips. And I think this picture was taken while Josh stuffed two whole doughnuts in his mouth...


Ben gave this "Be Your Higher Self" banner to Joel and I when we moved. He'd been working on it for weeks, ever since we started talking about making encouraging banners. I feel honored to have it in my possession after knowing how carefully he cut out each of the letters. Also, it is a nice banner to wake up to every morning.


My mom made this one for my birthday! (I forgot to take a photo while it was still hanging up in the living room)


Miniature banners are cute, so I made this diorama for my sister for Christmas. I thought it turned out nicely. (Natz is her nickname)


Now I'm going to make one and hang it in a public space. Any ideas for what the banner should say?

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very hip! i love all of yours. i've been planning to sew a triangle banner forever now! maybe you've jumpstarted me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was the only LTLYM assignment I ever completed. I loved it so much that I kept doing it over + over again. I keep making them for birthdays and every time I move to a new house.

    Marissa got one when she moved to Portland, "times are tough but so are we," and I think that is one of my favorite ones yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should be planning my lessons for tomorrow... but instead I'm sitting here thinking that we should have a banner at Vegebration 4.0.

    ReplyDelete
  5. perhaps a sewn banner? i keep meaning to make one that looks like this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_555QHAu1w54/SyH4aqkjnnI/AAAAAAAAAKI/wfPrfGMwjK0/s400/book2.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  6. jenn- i love the "times are tough but so are we" banner. that sentence has kind of been my mantra over the last couple of days since you wrote that on here.

    ReplyDelete